This statement was updated on 23rd May 2018. It outlines the policy that Relish The Great Outdoors Ltd (company number 07598694) and Relish Sports Distribution Ltd (company number 08488416) takes towards your privacy in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This is in relation to race registrations processed for events organised under the name Relish Running Races.
Our Commitment to Privacy
The website is maintained by Relish The Great Outdoors Ltd. For the purposes of data protection legislation, Relish The Great Outdoors Ltd is the data controller and the owner of www.RelishRunningRaces.com and www.BathMarathon.com. Relish Sports Distribution Ltd is the data controller and the owner of www.ColourMyKit.com and www.TheMedalist.co.uk. Together these companies will be known as Relish. Information will only be shared between the companies in the case of Legitimate Interest. Relish is committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation).
This Policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation. Our Data Protection Statement describes your rights as a data subject.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you in the following ways; registration forms, phone, email or other forms of direct communication. Together this information is known as your Athletics Data.
- Identity Data: May include you name, date of birth, gender, your club/team, your club/team membership number
- Contact Data: Email address, address, telephone number, emergency contact name, emergency contact phone number
- Financial Data: May include your bank account details
- Technical Data: May include your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system. This is automated collected by 3rd party services that process registrations and enquiries by means of cookies and similar technologies.
- Profile Data: May include purchases or orders, your interests, preferences and responses to survey questions
- Usage Data: May include information on how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: May include your preferences on how your receive marketing communications from ourselves and 3rd parties.
- Event Data: May include video and photography from the event, details of races you have entered and your finish results.
Our legal basis for processing your information
We will process your Athletics Data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
To process your registration and results for events and to look after your welfare. Anonymised summary data across all registration from an event may be shared with event partners, or prospective event partners to demonstrate the benefits that sporting events might offer to a location or organisation. We will share only what is needed for those purposes and, where possible, will anonymise the data before sharing. Under certain conditions, Relish may be required to share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection.
How we use your information
Depending upon the nature of your request to us we may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To process any request for advice or information supplied by us.
- To process any application you make to participate in any of our events.
- To track your progress in any of our events.
- To send you health and safety and other relevant event information for any Relish The Great Outdoors Ltd events that you are participating in.
- To send your marketing information; notify you of new events, special offers and information on event partners that may be of interest to you should you consent to receiving these from us, only by means agreed with you.
- To comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
- In the case of Medical Data, to be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you if and when required when competing in one of our events.
- If you have volunteered to marshal at an event your name, email and mobile will be shared with other members of the marshal team to ensure effective event communication. We will your information so that we might keep track of free events claimed.
- For other purposes related to Legitimate Interest.
- Share anonymised data summaries with an event partner to track local activity levels and sporting engagement e.g Local Authority, National Trust, Sustrans
- Share anonymised data summaries with potential future event partners to demonstrate the benefits that sporting events can offer to an area or location. Eg Local Authority, National Trust, Sustrans.
- Analyse anonymised data to monitor event trends.
How do we store and protect your information
- The internet is not generally a secure medium for communication and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us over the internet.
- Your Athletics Data is held in protected folders within the cloud (Google Drive and/or Dropbox) and password protected 3rd party sites used for registration and email enquiries (Formstack, Wufoo) and email (MailChimp). You may review their privacy policies by clicking on the links. These storage systems have inbuilt security and access is restricted and controlled by Relish. Your data may also be printed and stored in our filing system.
- Where practicable, we protect your data via password-protection of file attachments and/or file encryption.
- Owing to the global nature of the internet's infrastructure the information you provide may be temporarily transferred to and stored in countries outside the European Economic Area, for example if the location of the Internet service provider hosting our Website is outside of this area. By your continual use of our website you consent to any transfer of your personal information outside the European Economic Area.
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
- Mandatory Breach Notification: If a security breach that is likely to “result in a risk to the rights and freedom of individuals” occurs, it is compulsory to notify both users and data protection authorities within 72 hours.
- You acknowledge that our events may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs and/or footage may be taken, all of which may capture your participation in any such event. By entering an event you grant us and those authorised by us the free and unfettered right to use such photographs, filming and recording for any purposes it deems reasonable including, but not limited to, publication, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, radio, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media now or in the future.
- You accept and acknowledge that our official photography supplier may take photographs of you during your participation in an event. In this connection you accept that Relish and our official photography supplier may identify you in an image with reference to your bib number; that Relish and our official photography supplier may advertise and sell photographs of you competing at the event on our Website and our official photography supplier’s website; and whilst such photographs are intended for purchase by you, your friends and your family (to commemorate your participation in an event), third parties may also purchase such photographs by entering your name or bib number in the search facility our official photography supplier’s website.
Finding out what information Relish hold about you
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.
Our websites may transfer cookies to your device’s storage in order to remember who you are. We will not use the cookies in order to collect personally identifiable information about you. By continuing to use the website you consent to relevant cookies being set on your device. Other essential technical information is also collected by the website provider, such the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system used, and the date and time of access.
Any data that we collect from you will be deleted in accordance with timescales set out below:
We will only retain your Athletics Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected which includes satisfying any accounting, legal and reporting requirements. Please note by law we are required to hold basic information about our customers, including Contact, Identity and Transactional Date for six years for tax purposes.
- If you have subscribed to our mailing list then you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Your individual athletics data pertaining to a particular event will be deleted within 18 months from the holding of that event. The anonymised data, representing a summary of all event participants, may be held indefinitely to track trends of participation and to show the benefits that sporting events can offer to locations and organisations.
- Published race results: Held indefinitely
Note: race results are published and freely available from where copies may be made by 3rd parties. Relish cannot manage data controlled by third-parties, nor the ability of this data to be copied once published online.
Changes to this policy
This policy may be updated from time to time should any of the services we offer through this website change, or how we collect, use, store or process your Athletics Data, or if there are further changes to the data protections laws and regulations.
Change of business ownership and control